Clerical Assistant/Accounts Receivable Clerk
Description of Role
The Clerical Assistant/Accounts Receivables Clerk will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Provide accurate statements and accounts for students
- Bill students in a timely manner for tuition and other expenses incurred while pursuing courses
- Update students accounts with funds received from all sources such as Student’s Loan Bureau, donors and deposits made at the bank
- Prepare monthly analysis of student’s accounts to ensure compliance with commitments such as payment plans.
- Refer delinquent students to Budget Manager
- Prepare receivable Audit Schedules for both Cost Sharing and Continuing Studies including reconciliation of all income accounts to be consolidated.
- CAT Level 11 or similar professional training or tertiary training in Accounting
- Bachelors in Management /Business Administration
- 3-4 years’ working experience in a similar position
- Working knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Ability to use MICO’s SMS
- Sound knowledge of ACCPAC Receivable Module
- Excellent knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to learn and apply generally accepted accounting methods
- Excellent people skills
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to use The Mico’s School Management System (SMS)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills.