Description of Role
This position is responsible for performing assigned food preparation duties. The incumbent will be responsible for preparing, seasoning and cooking meals, preparing salads and desserts or other foods in the Cafeteria.
- High School Diploma.
- A Certificate from an accredited college, technical or vocational school for completion of a course in professional cooking, food service/dietary management, culinary arts or a closely related area.
- Training in Customer Service
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar post
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of the principles, tools and techniques of food service management.
- Knowledge of the general principles of menu planning, modification of recipes and various methods of cooking
- Knowledge of inventory control procedures, procurement and storage of food items and supplies.
- Knowledge of the practices, methods and procedures of volume food preparation; food values, characteristics and nutrition
- Knowledge of occupational Safety and health in the workplace
- Effective oral and communication skills.
- Good judgement and decision making skills.
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work as part of the team.
- Good Customer Service/Client Focus.
- Ability to lift/unload food and supplies
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment safely