Dean - Humanities & Liberal Arts
Description of Role
The Dean has primary responsibility for representing the views of the University College Faculty to all groups and persons external to the institution. This position is also responsible for the administration and efficient conduct of the educational programs of the University College and for enforcing the policies and regulations adopted by the Board of Trustees and the Office of the President.
As Chief Academic Officer of the Faculty, the Dean is responsible for the academic, personnel, financial, and administrative affairs of the Faculty. He/she is also responsible for communicating the vision and goals of the University College to community and professional constituencies, seeking public and private funds to support the goals of the University College and assisting the Vice Presidents with Administrative tasks related to the management of the Academic Affairs of the faculty and ensuring the well - being of staff and students.
- Preference - a terminal degree in Philosophy with Teacher Training qualifications and at least five (5) years teaching experience; however a Masters’ Degree in a subject area, Certification in Education Administration and/or Leadership with the requisite Teacher Training qualifications and experience may be accepted.
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and ability to manage budgets.
- Proven leadership and management/supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to foster collaborative efforts by building partnerships with national and/or international constituencies.
- Demonstrated success in attracting resources through fundraising efforts.
- Ability to maintain and develop strong undergraduate and professional programs.
- Experience managing research and graduate programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a collaborative work environment.
- The ability to articulate a clear vision for the future of the University College.
- The ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans.