Director, Food Services
Description of Role
The Director of Food Services will be responsible for organizing, managing, coordinating and directing the daily functions of the Cafeteria as well as the staff members who carry out the these functions. He/she will be responsible for the preparation and serving of meals and snacks at the University College and for ensuring the preparation of proper nutritional meals and the maintenance of health standards.
- A University Diploma in Institutional Management/Catering
- At least five years’ experience in catering to large numbers of persons on an ongoing basis.
- Have Management/Supervisory experience in food and beverage
- Proficiency in the use of the computer.
- Credible track record of high quality work in food and beverage.
- Have knowledge of principles and processes involved in the management of food services.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health, labour laws, and customer satisfaction.
- Good knowledge of the equipment and facility requirements.
- Good communication skills (written and oral) and be professional and authoritative.
- Knowledge of the management of resources related to the department, motivational strategies and proper work ethics.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent Time Management skills and the ability to work accurately and with meticulous attention to detail.