Director – Information & Communications Technology
Description of Role
This position will be responsible for administering and maintaining the Information Technology Systems (including PC and LAN equipment), managing staff and researching and implementing technological strategic solutions.
The position is also responsible for the management and provision of hardware and software maintenance, training and consultation and making recommendations about future planning and development of resources.
- Computer hardware and software systems and programs
- Computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Computer troubleshooting
- Computer viruses and security
- Email and internet programs
- A BSc degree in Computer Science or related field plus six (6) years of computer experience working with networking infrastructure OR any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An MSc. in Computer Technology as well as professional certifications as appropriate
- Ability to model programs and systems to meet the needs of users for desired results.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and explain technical material in layman’s terms.
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field.
- Excellent communications and consultative skills.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Ability to train users on network concepts and methodologies as well as specific application, utilization and configuration
- Ability to interface with technical and engineering personnel in order to discuss technical issues pertaining to problems, purchases or technical specifications