Description of Role
The Research Officer is responsible for gathering data, supervising research projects and working with team members to ensure that the projects remain on schedule. He/she will be responsible for helping to determine the goals of the research projects as well as research methods and other test parameters. The position will also review and analyze data during the course of the project.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in a related field; for example, Political Science, Sociology, Statistics and Economics.
- Computer Skills
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the area of research/data collection and analysis.
- Experience in social research methods, statistical techniques and social policy
- Must be knowledgeable in data collection and analysis, statistical computer software programs, qualitative data research and Project Management
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Excellent human relations, interpersonal, team working and time management skills
- Good research, information, organizational, numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Ability to display a high level of initiative and flexibility.