Senior Marketing Officer
Description of Role
Reporting to the president, the position of Senior Marketing Officer will be responsible for performing the following functions:
- Work with assigned personnel on the University College’s strategic positioning and planning.
- Guide the University in branding, positioning and marketing implementation; with specific reference to brand coordination and recruiting.
- Write marketing plans including strategic analysis, competition, positioning, messaging, tactics and budget.
- Research the markets to identify growth opportunities for the University.
- Recommend and lead approach for primary and secondary research to support the university’s branding projects.
- Write proposals, prepare presentations and other new business ventures.
- Prepare business development presentations as appropriate.
- Present ideas to expand service offering and enhance positioning of the University.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Public Relations. (A Master’s Degree in Marketing would be a distinct advantage).
- Minimum of five years consulting experience.
- Experience in marketing professional services.
- A thorough understanding of business and strategic marketing.
- Strong strategic thinking and consulting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to keep client projects on plan and on budget.
- Strong, demonstrated understanding of client service
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, be flexible, enthusiastic and possess an energetic personality.
- Strong leadership and supervisory management skills