Vice President, Administration
Description of Role
The Vice President, Administration serves as the chief administrative services officer of the University College and is responsible for providing leadership and administrative oversight for planning and directing the University’s business office and risk management functions, public information, physical facilities, grounds, security, student services, procurement and auxiliary services, including but not limited to intercollegiate athletics, campus housing and food services. He/she has primary leadership responsibility for planning, implementing, and coordinating the administrative programs of the College. In assuming these responsibilities, the Vice President must work closely with Academic Deans, other administrators, and members of the faculties.
In addition, the Vice President, Administration is responsible for providing leadership for all facilities planning and construction and other duties/projects assigned.
- At least a Master’s degree in a business or management related area or a Ph. D. or be a certified public accountant;
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience in administrative management in a similar environment –such as another university or government institution.
- Must have experience managing large teams of people and a large budget.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning, strong fiscal management, linking resource allocation to planning and priorities.
- Knowledge of computers and computer applications that support management systems and business office functions;
- Knowledge and experience in managing large teams of people and budgets.
- A creative, visionary leader who will inspire staff and students. The candidate is an innovative thinker who seeks innovative solutions to problem solving and is a critical thinker.
- Must be able to create effective professional relationships, negotiate contracts and agreements and gain consensus from stakeholders.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Highly ethical, trustworthy, credible, loyal and respectful of diverse views and opinions.
- A seasoned professional who fosters cohesion and a sense of working together for the good of the University College and is committed to the effective use of technology within the administrative environments.
- Must be creative, detail oriented and possess excellent analytical reasoning and problem solving skills.