Description of Role
The Curriculum Specialist will have responsibility for assisting with the planning, designing and development of course content and assessments for the curriculum development activities. He/she will also assist with coordinating the curriculum innovation, design and research and for ensuring the development and maintenance of the highest quality courses for the faculties and departments as well as provide administrative, supervisory and technical support for realistic outcomes in programme development, interpreting changes and ensuring that instruction and assessment are aligned to curriculum goals.
He/she will also liaise with the Quality Assurance Department with regard to standards and other pertinent issues and disseminate information regarding relevant standards or policy changes when required.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Curriculum Studies or a related field.
- Five (5) years curriculum design, development and implementation experience, or equivalent combination of relevant experience.
- Successful teaching experience in a tertiary environment.
- Experience in developing Curriculum and providing staff development activities.
- Sound knowledge of the principles underpinning pedagogy and curriculum design.
- Knowledge in implementation of copyright standards.
- A broad knowledge of fundamental theories and principles, concepts and methodology of the general professional field.
- Experience in Curriculum Development - Design, Evaluation and Implementation.
- Knowledge of the guidelines of teacher training, Ministry of Education policies, University Council of Jamaica standards and collaborating educational institution regulations.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, visualize and manage change.
- Ability to meet deadlines and the prioritization of diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent communications and consultative skills.
- Appreciation of faculty/departmental/collaborative opportunities and how to pursue them.