Director International Programmes / Head of Aesthetics
Description of Role
The Director of International Programmes/Head of Aesthetics will have responsibility for collaborating with stakeholders to create plans to support the growth and development of International programmes, including but not limited to business plans, budget, marketing plans, recruitment plans, student engagement and internationalization plans. He /she will also manage implementation of the plans and facilitate, lead and/or participate in meetings, proceedings and committees; serve as liaison between departments, external organizations and other agencies.
The Director will travel as necessary to represent the University College internationally, develop partnerships with educational institutions, governmental agencies and other partners with a view to recruit students.
In respect of the Aesthetics Department, the position will have responsibility for managing the Art and Music units by ensuring that appropriate objectives and targets are set within the context of the University College’s Strategic Objectives.
- At least a Master’s degree in Art/Music Education.
- Experience in STEM methodologies.
- Broad understanding of the dynamics of international higher education.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience recruiting international students.
- Planning experience in budgeting, recruitment, or business plans development.
- Experience in developing business or academic partnerships.
- Experience working with faculty and academic leadership.
- Evidence of successful leadership and management experience at the appropriate levels.
- Experience of taking successful initiatives in relation to developing the student experience at the departmental level.
- Experience in managing academic programmes (research and/or teaching).
- Ability to set and communicate clear vision and expectations for departmental and individual programmes.
- Experience in the management of resources related to teaching, academic quality and development of programmes.
- Knowledge of Programme Development and administrative principles and practices.
- Knowledge of International Programme operations and functions.
- Experience in creating the environment for the delivery of exceptional customer service.
Required Skills & Specialized Techniques
- Excellent communications and consultative skills.
- Appreciation of departmental/collaborative opportunities and how to pursue them.
- Prioritizing and assigning work.
- Managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Appreciation of the importance of good relationships with staff and students.
- Evidence of ability to deal sensitively with concerns/complaints raised by staff and students.
- Good judgement and decision–making capability.
- Evidence of the aptitude for academic leadership.