Description of Role
The Nurse will have responsibility for planning and coordinating the health services provided to the student population and assisting with the promotion of a healthy lifestyle. The incumbent will also assist with counseling for the resident students and ensuring that health and safety regulations are adhered to.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing combined with three or more years of related experience.
- Experience in working with students in a tertiary institution would be an asset.
- Experience in processing patients prior to sending them to the physicians on duty.
- Experience in the operation of a private Health Centre.
- Knowledge and awareness of the operation of the University College is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health and safety practices.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and practices relating to Public Health Nursing/Health Care.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills to lead and motivate individuals to adhere to the health & safety guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students and staff.
- Consultative Skills.
- Initiative to improve the services of the Centre.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Leadership Skills.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making.
- Safety Awareness.
- Sensitivity and Tact.