Course Writers & Convertors for Special Education On-Line Courses
Description of Role
The Course Writers and Convertors will work with the Director of Online Learning and Faculty Content Experts to create distance learning course(s) capable of being fully delivered via the internet or other electronic medium to students in online modalities, off – campus locations and be designed in such a manner that allow students to complete all the course requirements from such off –campus locations. Unless otherwise specified by The Mico, the course(s) must be developed for, and be deliverable through the learning management system currently used by The Mico. The Course(s) shall include a course syllabus, course objectives, student assignments, assessments, subject matter required to meet the objectives, a list of any required and supplementary course materials and any other content deemed necessary or appropriate by The Mico.
The Course Writer must warrant that all content incorporated into the course(s) shall be the original creation of the Course Writer or work for which the Course Writer has obtained lawful permission from the owner of the copyrights thereto.
The Course Writer will acknowledge and agree that the Course(s) and all related content included therein shall constitute a “work made for hire” and that The Mico shall be the sole and exclusive owner of the Course(s) and all copyrights thereto
- A master’s degree in the subject area being developed, or related field is required. Ph.D. or other terminal degree would be an asset.
- Relevant certifications or other relevant software design certifications are preferred.
- At least five (5) years teaching experience at the College/University level is required.
- Experience with an online Learning Management System (LMS) is required.
- Experience in instructing or course creation in higher education environments
- Experience working in writing collaborations
- Experience managing projects
- Computer skills including MS Office
- Exceptional collaboration is required
- Strong Writing skills
- Strong Research skills
- Ability to communicate well in both written and verbal formats
- Time Management skills