Department Head – Special Education
Description of Role
The Department Head will lead and manage the department so that it realizes its potential and delivers excellence in the full portfolio of academic activity, within the context of the operation and strategic development of the Faculty and the University College.
The position will also perform administrative tasks associated with the management of academic matters within the department.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Education, Continuing Education/Economic Development or related field.
- A minimum of five years of successful administrative experience or equivalent managerial experience.
- Evidence of successful leadership and management experience at appropriate level.
- Experience of taking successful initiatives in relation to developing the student experience at the departmental level.
- Credible track record of high quality academic work.
- Experience in managing budgets and academic programmes (research and/or teaching).
- Excellent communications and consultative skills.
- Good appreciation of departmental/collaborative opportunities and how to pursue them.
- Appreciation of the importance of good relationships with students.
- Evidence of ability to deal sensitively with concerns/complaints raised by students.
- Good judgement and decision–making capability
- Evidence of willingness and ability to learn and develop as an academic leader and manager.