Printing & Publications Officer
Description of Role
The Printing and Publications Officer will develop and produce sophisticated print and electronic publications and oversee their distribution for the University College.
The incumbent will, in conjunction with the Director of Alumni and Development, manage and ensure that all materials to be produced and printed externally are handled in a timely and cost effective manner.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrable experience in excellent copy writing for both online and hard copy publications.
- Project Management experience would be a clear advantage.
- Must have a portfolio of projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Graphic Design Programmes.
- Sound knowledge of Graphics Software; for example, Photo Shop and In-design.
- Knowledge of how to create and maintain web pages.
- An understanding of the structure and workings of the University College would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Good Human Relations and Time Management skills.
- A high level of initiative and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrate a responsible and flexible attitude
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision, and a desire to seek out and resolve problems and to follow tasks through to their conclusion
- Excellent eye for detail and creative flair for writing engaging content.
- Good proof reading and editing skills.
- A high level of competency, speed and general accuracy in typing.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and maintain confidentiality.
- A flexible attitude and the ability to work well within a team.
- Skilled at managing and coordinating multiple tasks.