Associate Network Administrator
Description of Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Network Administrator in the planning, administration and operational activities of the Computer Network Services.
The position will be responsible for:
- Performing a variety of complex professional and technical duties related to the installation and maintenance of the University College’s computer network and communications hardware and software systems including network and application servers, routers, switches, access points, Firewall, LAN, WAN, phone systems and PC workstations.
- Asist with Configuring and installing all network software packages used in the University College and the IT Disaster Backup and Recovery Systems.
- A Diploma in Network Administration or related field plus three (3) years of computer experience working with networking infrastructure and WAN Networks OR any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Training in Enterprise Network Management.
- Knowledge in monitoring and troubleshooting wired and wireless networks
- Training in administering and troubleshooting a Windows Server 2012 environment
- Ability to assist in modelling programs and systems to meet the needs of users, understand and follow oral and written instructions; explain technical material in layman’s terms.
- Ability to learn to analyze local, WAN and Internet network problems as well as server connectivity problems and solve problems with efficient results.
- Cisco experience and training would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications and consultative skills.
- Strong teamwork skills – ability and desire to work collaboratively in teams within and across departments
- Good judgement, and analytical skills