Lecturer - Visual Arts
Description of Role
This position is responsible for providing services aimed at enhancing the efficient academic output and administration of The Mico University College.
The incumbent will guide the intellectual development of students; develop, review and update course content to maintain currency; assess students’ learning,and provide meaningful and timely feedback. The incumbent will also carry out administrative tasks related to the management of academic affairs within the Department; develop, facilitate, evaluate and review courses and programmes; carry out research; and be of service to the institution and wider community in various areas.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in Visual Arts or equivalent professional experience or recognized standing in and contribution to a professional discipline preferred.
- At least a Teacher-training certificate from an accredited institution
- A minimum of five years’ teaching experience
- Experience in Adobe and other software.
- Ability to teach printmaking, painting, drawing and ceramics
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrable evidence of excellence in teaching/facilitation
- Competence in teaching and assessing across the levels offered.
- Ability and willingness to support students in their study through academic counselling.
- Ability and capacity to conduct and publish research.
- Ability to achieve the Institution’s research objectives through student engagement
- Ability to supervise students engaged in research.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.