Description of Role
This position performs varied administrative and clerical support to ensure the efficient operation of the Procurement department. The position holder will receive and dispatch goods and packages as directed by the Procurement Manager/Officer, file documents and correspondence and maintain databases for the department.
He/she will also provide other support functions such as answering the telephone and directing phone calls to the respective persons in the department and liaise with internal and external personnel as required.
- Knowledge of the University College’s Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of Word Processing and Spread Sheet applications.
- Knowledge of Office Management procedures
- 5 CXC subjects, inclusive of English Language and Mathematics. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience of managing administrative processes and reception or customer facing work.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Good Human Relations and Time Management skills.
- Ability to display a high level of initiative and flexibility.
- Accurate keyboard and database skills.
- Proficient in the use of email, internet and other social media skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to collect and collate information
- The ability to organize own workload in an efficient and effective manner
- A flexible attitude and the ability to work well within a team.