Research Assistant - Human Resources
Description of Role
This position is responsible for supporting the monitoring and evaluation activities of the Human Resource Department through institutional research, as part of a team. This will involve designing quantitative and qualitative methodologies and instruments, gathering and analyzing data, and preparing reports to senior managers, among others. The Research Assistant will help to plan the institutional research activities of the Human Resources Department, as guided by The Mico’s regulatory framework and strategic goals. Communicating findings and recommendations with various internal stakeholders in multiple formats is also an essential responsibility.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, for example, Human Resources, Sociology, Statistics, Economics, or Educational Administration
- At least three (3) years’ experience in the area of research/data collection and analysis.
- Experience in social research methods, statistical techniques and social policy
- Knowledge of the University College policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of technology.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with departments and cross functional teams.
- Research design, data collection and analysis - qualitative and quantitative
- Statistical computer software programs
- Project Management, an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Excellent human relations, interpersonal, team working and time management skills.
- Good research, information, organizational, numerical and analytical skills.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of technology to deliver work of high quality.
- Ability to display a high level of initiative and flexibility.