Executive Masters in Educational Management (EMEM)
The Executive Masters in Educational Management (EMEM) Programme provides the human, technical administrative and organizational skills and values necessary for versatile leadership in various organizations. The curriculum exposures participants to foundation and advanced courses in management, leadership and education. The Programme meets the needs of (incumbent) school administrators such as principals, vice principals, senior personnel in schools, colleges and universities and classroom teachers with aspirations in management; the Programme also meets the needs of leadership personnel in government and corporate agencies. Participants become leaders who can think independently, inspire teams, contribute to human knowledge and adapt to the world’s ever changing landscape.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Provide innovative leadership in organizations for sustainable transformation.
- Demonstrate business acumen as they participate in the management of various organizations.
- Undertake research in leadership and management and use the results to further socioeconomic development nationally and internationally.
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence in responding to internal and external stakeholders.
Mode of Delivery
The programme is full time and it is delivered face-to-face. Classes are held from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on weekdays.
Duration of Study and Credit Load
The Programme is scheduled to be completed in eighteen (18) months or five semesters (including a summer session). Participants complete 42 credits.
In order to pursue the Executive Masters in Educational Management, candidates must satisfy the School’s requirements for normal matriculation:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
A GPA of at least 3.0 from an accredited institution
- Completed Application Form. You may download the form here or obtain a form at the Graduate School of Education office.
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Educational Certificate(s)
- Official Transcript(s)
- Two References (one should be Academic)
- A Personal Statement of Intent
- Passport size Photograph
- Application Fee
Tuition & Fees
Tuition is charged per credit and the rates are subject to change annually. University fees are added to tuition for miscellaneous items and are compulsory. Students may pay in full or per credit per semester and they are expected to pursue a minimum of 9 credits per semester. The Mico University College has made arrangements with two financial institutions to provide low interest loans to students.
Courses and Semesterization
Year 1 Semester 1
Graduate Mathematics for Management Education
Computer Business Applications
Communication Skills for Managers
Year 1 Semester 2
Policy Management and Leadership
Embracing Intellectual Qualities for Contextual Change
Year 1 Semester 3
Marketing for Managers
Creativity Management and the Curriculum
Problem Solving: The Qualitative and Quantitative Dimension
Year 2 Semester 1
Management Information Systems
Human Resource Management
Year 2 Semester 2
Financial and Managerial Accounting
Business Policy and Strategic Management