Description of Role
This position is responsible for performing secretarial duties through the effective coordination of the flow of information and correspondence between the President’s Office and other members of staff, the efficient organization of records within the office and the handling of other administrative tasks. The incumbent is also responsible for preparing correspondence through the application of a thorough knowledge of the University College’s Policies, Practices and Procedures.
- Knowledge of the University College’s Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of Word Processing and Spread Sheet applications.
- Knowledge of record keeping and file maintenance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Certificate in Management Studies
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to type 60 wpm and produce shorthand at 100 wpm.
- Good Human Relations and Time Management skills.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Ability to display a high level of initiative and flexibility.