Description of Role
The role of the Internal Auditor includes monitoring, assessing and analysing organizational risks and controls. The position performs complex operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits and provides management advisory services.
The incumbent will ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures and laws to maintain and add value to the University College and its operations. The individual assigned to this position reports directly to the President and to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors through the President on all operational issues and ensures that the institution’s corporate governance is strong and effective.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounts or Management (with Auditing as a major course, plus a Certificate in Government Accounting & Auditing from Management Institute for National Development (MIND) OR A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Three (3) years related experience. (Experience in Public Sector Institutions would be an asset.)
- Excellent knowledge of auditing standards and procedures including value for money audits.
- Excellent knowledge of the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of court processes and legal documentation requirements.
- Knowledge of university and/or public auditing policies, standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of current changes and /or developments in applicable local laws and policies and governmental financial statements, auditing and work paper flow.
- Proficiency in the use of relevant spreadsheet software skills to quantify and illustrate routine financial reports, comparisons, impacts and/or projections.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and tenacity.
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting information, policies, and/or procedures in a manner that is easily understood by the customer.
- Ability to investigate and analyse information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to analyse processes and make recommendations for improvements
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and work in teams.