Description of Role
The Moodle Administrator will be responsible for the administration of the Learning Management Systems of The Mico University College while supporting faculty and students in the effective use of MOODLE and other Learning Management Systems.
- At least a Diploma in Computer Science.
- Ability to analyze technical issues and user requirements to develop solutions using prescribed methods and implement procedures to provide the required functionality.
- Proficiency in supporting online teaching & learning with file servers, workstations, operating systems, peripheral devices and common software applications and suites.
- At least five years’ experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of the department and University College policies, procedures, and practices with the ability to answer work related questions; and/or interpret and apply these guidelines correctly in various situations.
- Knowledge of current systems and network technologies and standards and their practical application in the academic environment.
- Knowledge of interpretation, application, and documentation of technical configuration specifications for file servers, workstations, peripheral devices and data communications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to comprehend and follow detailed instructions provided in verbal, written and graphic formats.
- Ability to understand and adhere to etiquette principles for voice and data communications.
- Ability to present complex technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within the department, with internal and external agencies and with college constituents.
- Experience in graphic design and digital media.
- Offer first-line support to faculty and students and respond to all MOODLE technical issues that arise.
- Manage course documents stored on a shared network drive and plan for system backup.
- Identify and return course documents to be uploaded which do not meet the online standards of the University College.