Description of Role
This position performs varied administrative and clerical support to a Department to ensure the efficient operation of the department. Support functions include but are limited to, answering the telephone and directing phone calls to the respective persons and filing documents. The position will also be responsible for performing other department related functions as assigned.
- 5 CXC subjects, inclusive of English Language and Mathematics. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience of managing administrative processes and reception or customer facing work.
- Knowledge of the University College’s Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of Word Processing and Spread Sheet applications.
- Knowledge of Office Management procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Good Human Relations and Time Management skills.
- A high level of initiative and flexibility.
- Accurate keyboard and database skills.
- Proficient in the use of email, internet and other social media skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to collect and collate information
- The ability to organize own workload in an efficient and effective manner.
- A flexible attitude and the ability to work well within a team.