Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To obtain a scholarship at The Mico, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- Be a registered student
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Display financial need
- Be involved in campus or community activities
- Display strong leadership qualities
Students will need:
- Completed Application Form (which can be collected at the Alumni Office)
- A 1-Page Autobiography
- A copy of your most recent Progress Report
- Proof of Financial need/Financial Status
- Passport size photo
There are several types of scholarships available to students. These are:
- Full Scholarship (inclusive of tuition, boarding, stipend)
- Full tuition scholarship
- Book Grant
- Boarding Grant
- Justice of the Peace scholarship (JP scholarship)
All Scholarships and Bursary opportunities are advertised through the Office of Alumni & Development. Please check your email, the University College's website, and the Guild Social media page.
Students who are shortlisted for awards are contacted via email or telephone. Unfortunately only shortlisted candidates will receive a response.
The scholarship period for The Mico University College runs from the beginning of the Academic year in September through to October.
Students are advised to regularly check their student emails for all scholarship updates.
In order to access the PATH Bursary, students must fulfil the following requirements:
- Must be a member of a registered PATH household
- Must have benefited from PATH while at High School
- Must be pursuing a Bachelors degree and in 1st to 4th year.
- Complete the PATH Busary Application Form and submit to the alumni office.
No, the PATH Bursary will not go to students directly but will be sent to the institution and can only be used for Tuition.
No, scholarships are not automatically renewed. They are only tenable for one academic year.
In order to be qualified for any scholarship you must be registered. Therefore, prior to the start of the semester, please visit the Office of the Registrar or Student Affairs. Once registration details have been dealt with, you may then proceed to apply for a scholarship.